- “U Want Me 2 Kill Him?”. On the first British case on inciting murder where the victim and the inciter are one and the same. Content warning for violence, racism and mental ilness.
- 12 Things We Can Agree On about Global Poverty. Some stats on the evolution and current state of global poverty focusing on different metrics.
- Bedazzled by Energy Efficiency. On why the concept of energy efficiency as considered by European Union policies leads to nonsensical conclusions. The website is solar-powered so it might go offline.
- Cluelessness. An excellent paper by the previously featured Philosophy Prof. Hilary Greaves on the sources of moral cluelessness.
- Science funding is a mess. Could grant lotteries make it better?. Science funding does not work and random allocation might be a good (albeit partial) solution.
- Japan’s Working Mothers: Record Responsibilities, Little Help From Dads. The effects of Japan’s sexist culture coupled with its poor working conditions on women and the economy. Content warning for sexism.
- The Proverbial Murder Mystery. What if proverbs and sayings where literally true?
- Sexual Assault of Men Played for Laughs, a critical analysis of the representation of sexual assault of men on movies and TV shows.
- Crash Course Navigating Digital Information, an (unfinished) course on how to decide whether some piece of information online is trustworthy or not.
Movies and documentaries:
- Lady Bird, a lovely coming-of-age story.
- The Act of Killing, a documentary on the Indonesian genocide of communists. Excellent yet hard to watch. Content warning for genocide, racism and violence.
- #107 The Widow and the Winchester - Criminal, the history of a victorian-style haunted mansion built to confuse some spirits.
- How Google Tracks Hackers
- El artículo 324, sobre como el trámite de aprobación de una proposición de ley de once palabras ha sido prorrogado durante más de sesenta semanas.