- Quining Qualia, a classic on eliminative materialism. I tried to read it a few years ago and I gave up, but rereading it now I think it is a must-read in philosophy of consciousness.
- Hard Problems in Cryptocurrency: Five Years Later. I’m not a big fan of cryptocurrencies although I think some of the technologies have some potential for being used to solve coordination problems. The underlying issues are very interesting though, and this article summarizes some of them.
- T E X T F I L E S, a collection of text files from the 90s.
- Donkey vote, a surprising phenomena of compulsory preferential voting systems.
Partition the HTTP Cache, major browsers are splitting the HTTP cache per origin. This apparently does not have a statistically significant hit on performance (maybe because most people use only a handful of websites most of the time?), and the kinds of attacks it prevents are very interesting.
Why you might be counting in the wrong language, the Sappir-Whorf hypothesis applied to numbers. It’s interesting, but I am skeptical about it and the results are probably overblown.
- The SQL Murder Mistery, a cute puzzle to learn SQL.
- The Creativity Delusion: Geniuses Steal, a video with awesome imagery on how geniuses literally steal and why that is good.
- The Trouble with the Video Game Industry, marxism and videogames.
- Politics and More: Samantha’s Journey into the Alt-Right, and Back, I was skeptical when I first saw the podcast and I thought it would be a different story, but it is more realistic than I thought.
- La sentencia de la Arandina, análisis legal de la sentencia de la Arandina.